Market Research Intern
Join the team committed to crafting inspiring spaces and developing new ways to build. As our Market Research Intern within our Energy Storage and Solutions business, you will conduct in-depth market research, assist in the development of resources, and contribute to analysis related to a variety of projects and initiatives.
Highlights of your work with Mortenson will include:
- In-depth research addressing all facets of the electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure and microgrid landscape, including broad market research and targeted customer analysis
- Providing comprehensive market and customer-specific analysis to team leadership including insight on financials, market trajectory, and key insights and competitive and comparative analysis
- Assisting in general analysis, forecasts, and modeling on an ad-hoc basis
- Exposure to analysis on public policy and grants specific to the EV Infrastructure and microgrid market
Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study and build your career with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in a Marketing with interest in Market Research, Business, Engineering, Economics, or related field; graduate students will also be considered
- Have demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint,
- Are interested in a research-focused/intensive role
You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Are a self-starter, comfortable managing several projects simultaneously including managing timelines, deliverables, and proactively asking for help/direction when needed
- Possess exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal, and are comfortable engaging with a variety of stakeholders
- Are detail-oriented and organized; will be responsible for reviewing own work, documenting and organizing information, and citing resources for research and analysis provided
- Have advanced knowledge of Excel (If functions, Vlookups, Hlookups, etc.)
- Have previous experience working in a research-intensive role
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 / 4.0
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week internship with our team. This opportunity is part-time through the upcoming spring semester (January/February 2022 - May 2022). Hours required are minimum 20 per week. Dependent on business need and performance, there is an opportunity to extend into summer 2022. This internship position supports our Energy Storage and Solutions group based out of our Headquarters office in Minneapolis, MN; The position requires office-based, in-person work. This internship is not relocation-assistance eligible.
Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination: As a condition of employment, you will be required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date or have an approved accommodation for a sincerely held religious belief or disability (and in such case, you may be subject to regular testing, or compliance with other enhanced protocols). Information about providing your Covid-19 vaccination record or requesting an accommodation will be sent to you via email upon offer acceptance.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.