Data Analytics and Insights Intern
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?!
As our Data Analytics & Insights Intern, you will provide administrative and analytical support to the Data Analytics & Insights team, assisting in providing strategic insight and operational support to maximize business and financial performance. Highlights of the internship include:
- Supporting our team with the implementation of exciting business intelligence projects including assisting in the development of analyses, reports, and dashboards for internal customers
- Drafting required technical documentation and associated training to ensure the integrity and successful use of implemented dashboards and other data analyses
- Utilizing various database, data visualization, and data science tools to help us to create the required calculation and visualize customized key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Supporting the development of tools utilized for the creation of predictive analyses
- Assistance with ad hoc projects as assigned
Are you an adaptable and agile learner? Do you have big ideas and a creative spirit? We want to hear from you. Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently enrolled and pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Math, or related field
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Have experience or familiarity with data analysis/data science software, specifically Excel, Python, R, SQL scripting language
- Demonstrate effective communication (written and oral) and active listening skills
- Have acute attention to detail
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Have experience or familiarity in the field of data visualization or reporting
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a planned 12-week, in-person internship with our team. This opportunity is full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer of 2022. The internship position is out of our Minneapolis headquarters office. This internship is not relocation-assistance eligible.
Proof of Vaccination:
Mortenson is a federal contractor covered by the President’s Executive Order regarding COVID Safety Protocols, which requires certain employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation for a sincerely held religious belief or disability is approved. In addition, many of Mortenson’s other customers have also implemented vaccination requirements to access their facilities and project sites. As a condition of employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your start date or have an approved accommodation for a sincerely held religious belief or disability. Information about providing your vaccination record or requesting an accommodation will be sent to you via email upon offer acceptance.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.