Financial Planning and Analysis Intern
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?!
As our Financial Planning & Analysis Intern, you will provide administrative and analytical support to the Financial Planning & Analysis team, assisting in providing strategic insight and operational support to maximize business and financial performance. Highlights of your important work with this team will include:
- Supporting our team with the development and/or enhancement of analysis, reports, and dashboards for our internal customers
- Assisting in developing any required documentation and associated training to ensure the integrity and successful use of implemented dashboards and other data visualization solutions
- Assisting in assembling out internal financial schedules that are directly reviewed by members of the Senior Leadership team
- Helping with various analysis that will give you exposure to general and construction industry financial concepts
- Collaborating with other Interns at Mortenson on an Intern Project
- Assistance with ad hoc projects as assigned
Are you an adaptable and agile learner? Do you have big ideas and a creative spirit? We want to hear from you. Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently enrolled and pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree with a focus in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Have demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Demonstrate effective communication (written and oral) and active listening skills
- Possess strong research and data analysis ability
- Have acute attention to detail
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have practical experience in the field of data visualization
- Have experience in Power BI or a similar visualization tool
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a planned 12-week, in-person internship with our team. This opportunity is full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer of 2022. The internship position is out of our Minneapolis headquarters office. This internship is not relocation-assistance eligible.
Proof of Vaccination:
Mortenson is a federal contractor covered by the President’s Executive Order regarding COVID Safety Protocols, which requires certain employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation for a sincerely held religious belief or disability is approved. In addition, many of Mortenson’s other customers have also implemented vaccination requirements to access their facilities and project sites. As a condition of employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your start date or have an approved accommodation for a sincerely held religious belief or disability. Information about providing your vaccination record or requesting an accommodation will be sent to you via email upon offer acceptance.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.