Estimator I - Previous Mortenson Interns Only
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have a real passion for being part of a creative, forward thinking organization estimating some of the highest profile, diverse projects in the industry, while utilizing the most efficient and up to date technology?
Mortenson is currently seeking an Estimator who will be responsible for gathering, calculating, and compiling data in order to produce project estimates; for smaller projects, this position will also prepare the full estimate. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role. This posting is exclusive for those who have interned with Mortenson previously.
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus, and strong communication are critical in performing duties which may include:
- Build Project Estimates
- Complete quantity take-offs and summations of materials
- Solicit trade partners, obtain bid estimates and time projections for preparing vendor proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets
- Help in preparing, organizing, and coordinating Request for Proposal documents and schedules, utilizing schedule information to estimate General Contractor's and other items where schedule is important
- Determine all pricing options and the appropriate price for the project
- Support lead estimator in data input into estimating software program(s)
- Perform archive filing and historical cost data gathering
- Participate in plan and estimate review meetings, other project review meetings, and site investigations, as needed
- Support lead estimator in gathering information from local government and private entities that may affect project (i.e. permits, hearings, etc.)
- Help manage Addendum log and documents from customers/clients
- Provide direction to new Estimators and Engineers as they join the team
- Solicit new bidders when needed, and collect necessary documents for inclusion in future projects
- May provide training to other estimators and interns
You may have the opportunity to join our team in one of the following business locations / industries:
- Chicago Office
- Data Center Group
- Denver Office
- Milwaukee Office
- Minneapolis Office, including support of our industry groups
- Phoenix Office
- Portland Office
- Seattle Office
- Washington D.C. Office
Get ready to join an exciting and ever-changing industry and work with best-in-class teams to deliver the highest possible quality service to our customers. Geographical placement will be based on the overall needs of the organization. We are currently seeking individuals to join us in 2022.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar; or equivalent experience by summer 2022.
- Previous intern with Mortenson
- Applicable mathematical skills
- Minimum one-year construction operations experience, including exposure to materials management and project operations
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Current driver’s license
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and handle multiple project tasks
- Familiarity with building/estimating techniques and software: ISqFt, ICE/Bid2Win, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, Google Earth
- Positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.