Human Resources (College Recruiting) Intern
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?!
Join the team committed to connecting talented individuals with opportunities to cultivate their skills and make a meaningful difference in their world. The Talent Acquisition Intern will provide administrative support to the College Recruiting team and internship program. This position is responsible for tasks associated with the full-cycle college recruitment process. Highlights of your work with this team will include:
- Scheduling and documentation of logistics for career fairs, information sessions, interviews and other campus events
- Developing and posting positions in the applicant tracking system and college websites
- Coordinating phone screens and interviews
- Assisting in preparation of offer letters and new hire communication
- Supporting implementation of the internship program including onboarding, orientation, review process, etc.
- Processing of payments and expenses
- Partnering with the college recruiting team to generate ideas, leverage resources, and share information to facilitate recruitment strategy
- Providing great customer service and communication to candidates and other stakeholders
- Attending and assisting in preparation for meetings with HR team, recruiters, and company leadership
- Assisting with additional projects and miscellaneous duties as assigned
Are you an adaptable and agile learner? Do you have big ideas and a creative spirit? We want to hear from you. Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study with our team.
We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Human Resources, Business or related field (are currently enrolled)
- Have the ability to work part-time (minimum 20 hours/week) during school year (September-December 2021)
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Have demonstrated, solid experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Have acute attention to detail/accuracy and written communication skills
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrate effective oral communication and active listening skills and are comfortable interacting with a variety of individuals via various methods (in-person, phone, email)
- Have a positive and professional attitude and sound customer service skills
You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have previous internship experience
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week internship with our team. This opportunity is part-time (minimum 20 hours/week) during the fall semester of 2021 (September-December). The position is based out of our Minneapolis headquarters office. The position is not relocation-assistance eligible.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.